I had a 1929 Tutor home in Flint, Michigan from 2001-2010 that I loved located in the College Cultural Neighborhood. Sadly it is not an area I would wish to live in any longer even though the homes in the area are gorgeous. My favorite room was the kitchen which came with a Tin Ceiling that I kept in tact. I had bead board put on all the walls and painted them white along with the crown molding. I also had the linoleum covered with beige 12 x 12 tiles but left the cupboards and counter tops as they were. Had I stayed I would have changed out the counter tops to granite. It's funny to think of Flint Michigan as a seaside/beachy kind of place but Lake Huron was about 1-1/2 hours away and Lake Michigan about 3 hours away and the same as Lake Erie. I have visited the shores of all the Great Lakes and love them dearly. Do you see the Milk Glass Light over the table? I collect milk glass and that lamp was left in the basement when I moved. I didn't like the color of the metal and now I realize I could have changed it by spray painting the metal or rubbing on something over top. Sometimes my mind can't keep up!
![]() |
| OLD |
![]() |
| NEW |
I miss this kitchen!


No comments:
Post a Comment