Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Art School

November 2013 - Photography school or no photography school...

Spoke with Admissions today for Hallmark Institute of Photography and the cost for 10 months education and training was $ 48,000.00 with a 80-90% placement rate at the end with the like of National Geographic and Sports Illustrated. It was very interesting speaking with him and the perspective that they take towards photography.  I think I would enjoy getting training there but it is in Massachusetts and I can't leave my husband and current career for 10 months at this time.  Hallmark head quarters is here in Kansas City but I guess it's just for the card division.  http://hallmark.edu/

Also checking into Kansas City Art Institute and it fits my life style currently.  I think that it probably fits the vision that I have for the future as well.  A more relaxed retired photographic experience with the things that I love rather than only for money.  I am thinking more along the lines of books and printed canvas produced by myself with a great printer that are then framed and sold on my own personal website.  There are a total of 14 classes which cost is $ 225.00/class or $ 400.00/class with college credit.  Not sure another college degree is really what I want or need as well or all of the debt that comes along with it since I am currently still paying off student loans.  http://www.kcai.edu/

Additionally, I would like to take painting classes so I think the KCAI which is 8 miles from my current employer is where I will be headed.

Wish me luck!
~Angela~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...