Friday, January 3, 2014

Not My Day

This lithograph made it from 1899 until today in tact before I touched it to get it off the frame backing.  In the lithograph is Priscilla (Mullins) Alden who is listed as a passenger of the Mayflower and lived in Plymouth, MA.  There are many references to the name Priscilla in Plymouth.  Of course I wanted this only because of the beach and ocean scene it depicts.  I didn't know until today who exactly it was suppose to be in the lithograph I just figured it was a pilgrim.  Older really cute little old lady at the Antique store thought it may have been Evangeline.  I purchased the litho in Missouri at the Enchanted Frog Antique Mall.

I was right this is NOT MY DAY I just went to start taking down all the Christmas decorations in my lower level family room and dropped and broke a ornament within about 5 minutes.  I'm done for the day with trying to get anything accomplished!

Here is the Wikipedia link to Priscilla Alden:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Priscilla_Alden
Here is a link to the beaches:  http://www.seeplymouth.com/beaches-and-parks/plymouth-county-beaches

http://www.alden.org/our_house/index.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...